Thursday, May 22, 2014

To New Adventures

This past week we spent the weekend at Banos. It is a tropical get away set high in the mountains with waterfalls and jungle all around. It was my very first time at a hostel and to be honest, I did not get a great vibe initially but the place definitely grew on me. I met many interesting people from all around the world, who each had an interesting story to tell. I learned how to play pool and how to lose with dignity. Hhahahha. The thing I loved most about this place was its peacefulness. There's something incredibly warm and sweet about Banos. The town is set in  very remote area and everything such as shops and parks is accessible. I got to hang out with members of my group and get to know them on a more personal level. As well, the nature was breathtaking. One of the most beautiful adventures was getting to get close to a waterfall and actually stand behind it. It was breathtaking. Looking at the waterfall made me really appreciate life and realize that it has so many beauties worth protecting. Since I study environmental science, nature is a huge part of my life. I feel it calms us down and makes us realize the true meaning of life lies beyond houses and cars. I as well learned amusing details about myself such as my body can take some serious bruises and still survive. Experiencing canyoning was amazing. Even though I am not a very adventurous person, I learned that if I am outside my comfort zone I can still survive. The support of Nicole and Jen was amazing. I loved having people around me who made me feel so safe and loved. I owe them a lot or I would still be stuck on that mountain figuring out a way to climb up a waterfall :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment